Single Implant Crowns from $550 by a Perth Dental Lab
What are Dental implants?
Dental implants are metal posts that are placed within the jaw as a means to support the tooth structure. They are placed in the root cavity to hold the crown (artificial teeth).
How do Dental Implants Work?
Dental implants fuse to your jawbone and thereby provide a stable support for your artificial teeth. As a result, the dentures and bridges have a firm hold onto the implant and prevent them from slipping or shifting away. Therefore, it feels more natural rather than conventional dentures and bridges. Get a dental implant from the established Perth dental lab for a natural and successful dental implant.
For some of the people, the bridges and dentures may not be a good medical procedure due to sore spots, gagging or poor ridges. Moreover, during a bridge procedure, the tooth must be attached to an adjacent tooth on either side. But during an implant, there is no need for an adjacent tooth that needs to be prepared for holding your new replacement teeth.
In order to receive an implant, you need to have healthy gums and good bone structure that can support the implant. Proper care should be taken to preserve these structures.
The Dental implant procedure
The dental implant procedure is an outpatient surgery performed in a series of stage
1. The damaged tooth is removed
2. The jaw bone is prepared for surgery, sometimes bone grafting may be required.
3. The jaw bone needs to go through a phase of healing, this may take several months.
4. The oral surgeon places an abutment – a small extension to the implant – and finally places the new artificial teeth also called as the crown.
Advantages of Dental Implants
1. It prevents bone loss
2. Restores maintains and improves bite alignment
3. Preserves the facial structure
4. Improve speech
5. Maintain chewing muscles & facial expressions
6. Success of dentures is increased
7. The size of the dentures is reduced
8. Improve stability of the removable denture